Wednesday, January 28, 2009

New Year, New You!!!

Now that all the craziness of the holiday festivities, (and in my family the insane number of birthdays, anniversaries, etc that take place in January!) are over and you are starting to settle back to the pre-holiday routine, don't forget about your goals to be hot and healthy! I know a lot of people that the holidays majorly throw them off course from eating healthy and exercising. There's just so much going on and so much to do that healthy habits fall by the wayside. If that sounds like a familiar story, there's no better time than the present to pick those healthy habits back up and put them to good use.

Now I don't know how many of you made New Year's resolutions, but if you did what were they and how are they going? Personally, I don't really make New Year's resolutions. I have things that I work on on a monthly basis, I CAN'T wait for the New Year to roll around because if I saved them all up I would be totally overwhelmed! I have a couple of personal goals this month and one of them is to bring you a better blog! When I decided to do start this blog back in August, my purpose was to help people reach their health goals and see themselves in a new light, with renewed self confidence. That is what I still WANT to do, but I am having a difficult time knowing what to post about. The topics of health and wellness are so broad it's overwhelming to me every time I sit down to post. I have to think, ok, where should I start??? I guess what I'm asking for is more feedback so I can give you all what you want. Topics can be anything health related, including body image, eating disorders, exercising, nutrition, pregnancy, you name it and I will tell you what I know or research it and post what I find. If you don't feel comfortable leaving a comment about what you want to learn more about feel free to e-mail me (just click on view my profile, and then on Email me) . Thanks everybody, and I hope your holidays were fabulous!

2 comments:

Valerie said...

Hey, I havae been trying to kick my extra 15 baby pounds. Grrr!

How do you feel about a "free day/" I find that if I pick one day a week as a "free day" I feel much better about making good choices.I know that the little something sweet I am craving isn't off limits, I just need to wait until free day! If we are going out to eat I save this day for it. I still try to make good choices and control portions, but I eat what I want. It seems easier to feel like your favorite no no's are not compleatly off limits.

Matt & Jen Hanks said...

Hey Amber! It's Jen Weissman! I really enjoy your blog. I usually try to keep healthy and exercise, but it is sometimes difficult. I don't know if you have learned or heard any tips on my situation, but I thought that I would give it a shot. I have what they call "Grave's Disease", which, if you don't know, is a thyroid disease. I have been battling losing weight while trying to get my thyroid regulated for over a year now. If you read my blog, themattandjenshow.blogspot.com, my last post explains my thyroid disease and the difficulties that have come with it especially in the weight area. I have lost around 15 pounds, but I have about 10 more to go. Losing weight with this disease is a HUGE battle since your thyroid controls your metabolism. I usually go to the gym twice a week and try to eat healty. My down fall is chocolate and sweets. So anyways, I could go on and on forever, but I don't want to bore you. If you do have any tips on losing weight or any food that is better than others I would appreciate the info. I figure that this would be a good topic to ask about because I have come to find out that tons of people have the same disease as I do. Anywho, Thanks Amber!