Saturday, December 27, 2008

Finding Peace in the Mirror

Loving yourself really is half the battle! It's hard to look in the mirror and see things that you don't like, whether you think you're too skinny or you wish your nose was smaller, there's always something we wish we could change about our physical appearance. It's important to remember that looks aren't everything. Accepting and loving yourself for who you are, flaws and all, is an important part of living a healthy life. If you love yourself enough to take care of yourself, you will naturally make healthier lifestyle choices. I found this article called "Finding Peace in the Mirror: The Quest for a Healthy Body Image" by Pamela H. Hansen and I wanted to share it with you because it really hit home with me. The quote that I posted last week was actually taken from this article in LDSLiving:

A lot of unhappiness results from agonizing over our physical appearance. But if we are able to see the divinity inherent in our wonderful mortal bodies, we can find a serenity and peace that eludes those who are caught up in the world’s obsession with the so-called ideal body.
-Pamela H. Hansen

She also relates being physically healthy to our spiritual well-being. It's a wonderful article and if you want to read it I've posted the link on the side bar or just click the link in the first paragraph.

No comments: