Monday, October 6, 2008
Clean Plate Club
When you were growing up did your parents ever say to you "You can't leave the table until you eat everything on your plate!" or "If you don't clean your plate no dessert!" Your membership in the "Clean Plate Club" could be sabotaging your efforts to lose weight. As adults we still think that we need to eat everything on our plates or we're wasting food and the people in Ethiopa are starving while we're not finishing everything on our plates! Well, even if you boxed your leftovers and mailed it to them, the food would spoil and get thrown away anyhow, so what's the difference? =) Now is as good a time as any to relinquish your membership to the "Clean Plate Club"! Don't feel like you have to eat everything on your plate, when you're full, put your fork down and push the plate away or take it to the sink, that way the temptation to clean your plate is gone. My mantra is "If you want a little behind, you need to leave a little behind!" I love that saying and besides being cute it is SO true. Did you know that by just cutting 100 calories out of your diet a day that's cutting 36,500 calories a year, which translates to losing 10.4 pounds?!?! And that's just by cutting 100 calories!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Hey there. So I have been reading your blog. Thanks for all the cool information. What an inspiration. I have started the couch to 5K program just so I can have more indurance. Anyhow I will let you know how it all turns out. I have only been doing it for a couple days. I am hoping to follow through on this one though =) Thanks again Amber!!! Your the best!!!
Ok even though I am not back to excersising I love reading your blog and in the near future I will be taking these tips to get the lovely baby weight off .... THanks love the blog!!!
I love your mantra. I have never heard that before, but I guarantee my husband will be hearing it all of the time now. I still have trouble leaving food behind, but I think that I have been learning to take smaller portions and to not go back for seconds. Also thanks for info about cutting 100 calories a day - I can do that.
Post a Comment