Thursday, August 28, 2008

What's in a name??

For those of you wondering why I chose to title this blog "Feeling Hot, Living Healthy," I want to pose a question to you: When do you feel your "hottest?" Is it after looking through a fashion or beauty magazine, or after watching a movie with a pencil thin leading lady? Or is it after you had a great workout, achieved a personal goal, or ate a healthy meal? It's probably different for everybody, but one thing I've found is that after I sit down with a fashion or beauty magazine I definitely DON'T feel my "hottest." I feel lacking. I know I can't possibly be the only woman  who feels this way. I don't think that society's definition of "HOT" is what we should aspire to. Let's face it, we're all not built to be 5'10", 100 lbs, it's not healthy and it's not realistic. So what is your definition of "hot?" When do you feel your absolute best and comfortable in your own skin? Since I'm asking the question, I'll be the first to answer it. I feel my personal best after I've had a good run, there's nothing in the world like runner's high! What about you?

6 comments:

D'On Marx said...

This is an exciting website. I can't wait to see what you post. I definitely need a change in eating habits and exercise. My problem is consistancy. Good luck with the site.

Summer, Matt and Beck said...

I was excited to find your blog, and then the link to your health and wellness blog. As the mom of a very busy 1 year old, it is hard to think of a time within the last year that I have felt "hot." However, the closest thing to it lately is when I am able to shower, do my hair and put makeup on...all in the same day. I look forward to future posts from you.

Aaron and Jen Budge said...

I had no idea you were a personal trainer. I NEED YOUR HELP!!! I gained like 30lbs. after getting married and just feel ugly. I'm like why does my husband love me? Look what I've turned into. I guess I feel my hottest when i look at old photos of myself. I think, "WOW that's what I could look like if I just get off my bum and do something about it" I just got so lazy. I wish I were a runner. I can't even make it down one side of a block without stopping. SO OUT OF SHAPE... I used to be able to eat anything but not anymore. I worry b/c I haven't had any kids yet. I wonder what will happen to me then if I don't get in shape now. I'd love to hear what you have to say about eating. Like what to eat when you're trying to lose weight.

Tiffani said...

I feel "hot" when I get to shower, do my hair & my make up all in one day too! Getting in a walk to the park with my boys is a nice bonus too, as long as the heat doesn't make the hair and make up wilt!

Anonymous said...

So fun. I am looking forward to this blog. Thanks for sharing this side of you. I to feel hot when I actually get dressed and done for the day. This comes easier when my babies get closer to a year old. I feel like by then I am getting back to pre baby weight, well kinda other than the stretch belly....I feel my best like accomplished after doing something I enjoy that I actually pop a sweat doing. Like playing genuinally with my kids, a game of VOLLEYBALL, (huge itching to play).

Amber and David said...

Thank you guys for your comments and your enthusiasm for this blog! I was a little nervous about doing this because I was worried that no one would be interested!